Here is a beautiful look for those of you who work in the creative industry or in fact in any company that is more flexible with the dress code! 🙂
Patterns are in again and don’t we love them))) They are a great way to express your personalty in your clothes and accessories and perfect for those who love to stand out from the crowd.
However, any stylist will tell you – patterns should come with a warning sign. Just like heavy goods or alcoholic beverages. Here is why – patterns are bold statements that can completely overpower your delicate features and ruin your overall look. So don’t risk it unless you are sure that it looks awesome! Actually I’m completely against buying any clothes that are not awesome, but that’s another story))))
So, here is a example of how to make patterns work for you! In fact we have created an outfit with not 1 but 2 patterns and it looks fantastic!
The star of the show here is undoubtedly the dress. (From Karen Millen Spring Summer 2014 collection). It is a very bright, almost neon colour dress with a grey pattern. The fit is tight and the length is very sensible. The dress makes a statement. We have paired it with a light absorbing black bomber jacket that calms it down and gives a more professional look. The jacket itself has lazer cut leather panels with a floral/abstract pattern on them.
We have added silver colour accessories to enhance this look and make it more modern.
As for the shoes, this outfit required a neutral colour heel, which we added to complete the look.
Who is this outfit perfect for:
– a pattern admirer who loves to bring out their personality in a work environment as well as during leasure hours
– if the dress code dictates a more professional look, go for a closed toe pump with a smaller heel
– this outfit will look just as good with a similar fit dress of a more classic colour. You could substitute it for a blue or green dress, for example.
Can you recreate it? Yes! Here is how:
– dress by Karen Millen $299,
– jacket by Moiselle $399,
– leather pumps by Prada around $700
– glasses by Chanel $899
– various accessories around $400