Lets talk street style! Street style is one of the most versatile styles in fashion. It basically is anything and everything that people are wearing on the streets of fashion capitals like New York, London, Tokyo and other cosmopolitan cities. It may be something you have effortlessly thrown together like a little cropped T-shirt with a high waist skirt or an outfit you have put some thought in, like a trendy bomber jacket with a cigarette pant accompanied by the latest accessories.
The popularity of street style has been growing together with sporty and effortless look trends. Why? Cause everyone loves it! It makes you look and feel free, confident and fresh. And an outfit like that is really easy to put together. Here is what you need to ask yourself:
1. What kind of clothes do I feel comfortable in?
2. What is my usual everyday style?
3. How do I make the whole outfit trendy and fresh?
Once you have answered these questions you can go ahead and start styling! Assemble together the clothes that you love and feel good in and try and incorporate them with your existing style. You should be able to put together a couple of outfits. It is really that easy. However, if you still feel like this has made no difference there is only 1 thing you can do to rectify the problem – go and get some awesome clothes! Once that is done and you know which pieces match into wholesome outfits you can start thinking about accessories. As I mentioned in several previous posts accessories are essential to almost any outfit. Please don’t ignore them. Put that bracelet on your wrist and see what happens. It is like clicking refresh in your email. Bound to make a difference. So that is all great stuff))) Here is what you have to bear in mind when you do effortless street style. Tidiness and neatness is more important than ever. We are going for an effortless look of a fresh modern woman and not the look of the homeless person collecting cardboard. It is not difficult to cross that line which is why I urge you to pay attention to that factor.
As an example, we have put together a street style look that is cool and totally wearable. Which brings us nicely to our standard question:
Who is this outfit perfect for? This outfit is perfect for a free spirited gal in the age range of 20 to 40 who values comfort above all and feels confident about her taste. What to do if that does’t really sound like you?
Consider possible variations:
– we went for a very relaxed slightly hippie outfit. Your street style does’t have to be like that. If you love your classics you can stick to them by choosing a more classic look with a hint of casual in it. Or if you are into more boyish look, why not go for a baggy T-shirt and straight cut pants instead! It is all in the details.
– shoes shoes shoes….ahh so many choices here. You could substitute these for flats very easily. If you are wearing pants or shorts instead multi-color sneakers can be your best bet! If you just want to recreate our look here is how:
– vest from Mango at $59.90,
– dress from Topshop around $90 (any straight cut dress with ethnic pattern will look new and in-season)
– mini tote bag by Furla in monochrome colour :-)(see our post on monochrome on this page)
– leather shoes by Prada
– glasses by Prada $399
If you feel inspired to create your own street look with my help do not hesitate to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or call/SMS 8668 6226 for a more immediate response.